Whilst living in your home town and home country great things can happen to you, of course they can! You are surrounded by things you like, people you love, you know how things work, it is all very “familiar”. But the extraordinary happens when you move abroad.
Nothing is “familiar” anymore but the opportunities to live a unique experience multiplies. It can be that charity ball at the grounds of The Tower of London never opened for something like this before, it could be that Polo match organised by the Argentinian Ambassador, it can be the celebrations for the National Day at the oldest embassy in London,…, it could be anything that you never thought could happen to you. Everything is possible when you live the life of an expat.
You have been taken from the “familiar” and who you were – by your sayings, your do’s and the people surrounding you – and now you have this amazing opportunity to reinvent yourself and being this extraordinary you.
Probably one of the highlights of my life abroad has been the meeting I attended on the 23rd of June’14 at N10. The iconic No 10 door opened to a group of business owners and I was one of them (5th from the right).
If you want to know more about it please read here.
And how can you access to great opportunities around you?
- By connecting with the local alumni organisation of your University/College
- By attending expat forums, workshops, groups in LinkedIn, or via MeetUp.
- By registering at your Consulate as new resident in the country
- By not only being interested in local culture but the others dozen cultures than surrounds you
- By taking the chance of being an extraordinary you, so take it and enjoy it!
Until next post
P.S. To know more about how we can help you while relocating to London please visit http://www.securelybe.com